Thursday, January 3, 2008

A guest in my own home

P is sick. He has a tendency toward being a whiny patient, which annoys me, though he hasn't been whining too much this time around. With the current cold, he has taken not only to coughing constantly but to moaning in his sleep. I know he can't control it (which sucks, as I am irritable and really want to yell at someone but only want to yell at someone who deserves it), but I need sleep. While I can sleep through almost anything, I actually have to get to sleep first, which is nearly impossible with someone moaning in your ear. I have therefore had to sleep alone in the guest room the past two nights.

Frustratingly, I know this is the reason I am tired. The night before I POASed when I was pregnant last summer, I was stuck at work super late (as I had been most nights for a couple of months) and fell asleep at my desk for 20 minutes -- I couldn't stay awake another minute. I woke up with a very stiff neck. This time around, I wish I could read more into being tired, but I know it's just the moaning and the sleeping alone.

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Matt is a pretty whiny patient too.

I hope that you have two reasons for being tired. :)