Wednesday, January 9, 2008

92 and 98, plus that abdominal pain

I went to the dentist yesterday. For the first time in probably my whole life the dentist didn't ask how often I flossed or suggest I do so more frequently. And the whole experience was less painful -- the part where they poke at your gums with that sharp pointy thing didn't make me bleed or cry (I did, however, cry a little when the hygenist got tooth polish in my eye -- WTF??). Yay for flossing daily.

When asked if there had any changes in my medical situation, I said I was pregnant (and I think it was the first time I used the p-word this time). The hygenist said congrats. I resisted the urge to tell him that I miscarried in the fall and therefore wasn't counting my chickens yet and would not be deserving of congratulations until September. Instead I said thanks. It felt like a huge step.

As for the pain, it was pretty persistent yesterday but hasn't been as bad today (and it's never more than what I'd call a 4 on a scale of 1 to 10). I'm pretty positive it isn't round ligament pain, as I experienced that last time and have experienced it some this time, and this is definitely more of an acute-but-low-level pain than a pulling, which is how I've experienced the round ligament pain. Katie's fabulous ultrasound yesterday has given me some hope that maybe it's a cyst rather than a sign that this pregnancy is ectopic (I didn't think I'd ever be hoping for a cyst). I think I'll try to wait until my appt on the 22nd to bring it up with my doc rather than calling today as originally planned, though I'm definitely persuadable if anyone thinks otherwise.

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I say call! It will make you feel better. Maybe they will let you come in early and check. I also vote that you tell them you are worried about an ectopic so that they have incentive to let you take a look.