Friday, November 7, 2008

Summing Up What's Key

My ten year college reunion is coming up next year. For a few months now, I have been receiving increasingly-urgent reminders to submit my entry for the class reports, updating my classmates on the goings-on in my life since our last reunion. I found that I had very little to say. My first pass read: "Since our last reunion, I bought a house, finished law school, got married, and started [my current job]. Most importantly, [P] and I welcomed the birth of our son, [Harry], on September 13, 2008." Finally, in an effort to ensure that my narrative was longer than my address, I added a few additional factoids, but the essence remains the same.

How would you sum up your past five years to a mixture of friends, acquaintances, and strangers?

5 comments:

Geohde said...

Oh my.

'I did 1.5 post-graduate degrees, finally entered the workforce but having done three IVF's I Hit The Jackpot after the whole dead baby fiasco that nobody will mention in polite company, and so left after a few months to have twins. Now I spend my days bitterly counting respective sleep deprivation and looking for vomitus upon my person. Oh, and I don't usually brush my hair because it's all falling out anyway'

:)

J

maresi said...

"I moved to the equator, I mean, to Central Florida. I had one son and then started a new job in youth ministry. We saw our best friend move away, I lost my cousin. After a struggle, we finally welcomed a daughter into our family. I'm back to work, but wish I wasn't. We're hoping to get out of this state in the next 8 months or so."

Amanda said...

I disliked my entire school experience so much that I wouldn't even go. But that's just me. ;-)

HereWeGoAJen said...

Oh goodness. I hate those things. Yours actually sounds really good.

Nicky said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been procrastinating on writing that thing! Every time I try to sit down to write something, I get distracted by needing to feed a hungry baby. Or needing to shower. Or needing to empty the dishwasher. (Admittedly, I'm not trying very hard to find time to write it...) It's not due for another two weeks, and it wouldn't be college if I got it done early. :)