Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Settling into Fall

When I went into the hospital to have Harry, it still felt like summer. Even though only a few days had passed, it felt a lot more like fall when we left. I hated that there were leaves on the ground already even though it was only mid-September. Then a month passed with us living moment to moment, hour to hour, day to day, and I certainly didn't notice the weather or the air or the season. And then it was mid-October. And it was still fall, but even more so.

Now it's November, and fall has settled into its fall-ish groove. The leaves have all changed color, and with each passing week fewer and fewer remain on the trees they began the week tethered to tenuously.

Last Monday:


Yesterday:


And as fall passes on its way, winter works its way in. And when winter ends, I have to go back to work. I've never been more committed to living in the moment than I am right now.

**(Of course, today was a beautiful day. And I spent very little of it outside. I hate that it gets dark so early.)

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Beautiful pictures! I am missing Fall this year.