Friday, April 17, 2009

Maybe I'll Be Staying Home With Harry After All

Something got fucked up at work today.

Someone senior to me said "Can we do X?" And I said sure. On its face, it seemed reasonable. For a reason neither of us thought of but which we were equally capable of recognizing, it turned out doing X was not a good plan. I fear that if a head must roll, it may be mine, even though it wasn't entirely my fault. Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. Fuck.

Oh, and it's 6:30 on a Friday night and I'm still here. This is the third night this week that I've missed Harry's dinner, and may be the first that I miss bedtime. I want to curl up in a corner right now.

7 comments:

-c said...

Well damn. I'm sorry. And now the weekend will be a stew pot. I had this happen to me recently as well. Not a good feeling at all. But my boss didn't seem as angry about it as I was, hopefully no heads will be rolling in your case. I hope things come out exactly as you'd like them...or at least somewhat close. =0)

HereWeGoAJen said...

Well, when I saw your title, I thought your head had already rolled. I hope it doesn't come to that. Good luck!

Meghan said...

Hope it all works out. Good luck!

maresi said...

urg, K. I'm so sorry that you're going through this stress and missing Harry like crazy. I hope it all works out the way it's supposed to. praying for you all!

Nicky said...

Ugh, everything about that just sucks. So sorry.

Photogrl said...

I'm sorry that work is tough right now...

((HUGS))

Mommy, Esq. said...

I hate that feeling in the pit of your stomach when something goes wrong at work and you think "could I have done something to prevent this". Deep breaths - you probably won't remember it in a month.